We are seeking a Studio Artisan for the hands on manufacture and assembly of our products.
Our ideal candidate is looking to further develop their hands on skills, has some materials knowledge, technical aptitude and an eye for beautiful form.
Experience in metal work, sculpture, ceramics or product assembly is prefered.
Full training in our methods and processes will be provided.
To apply, please email your CV along with a cover letter to [email protected].
Position Commences 4th February 2019.
Successful applicants will be contacted for interviews.
We are looking to expand our Design Team with the addition of a full-time Industrial Designer.
The Industrial Designer is a collaborative role involving research, design and development of new and existing products as well as custom and commissioned lighting projects.
Applicants must have a solutions-focussed aptitude, exceptional analytical and design skills, a natural eye for the development of beautiful form, a deep interest in manufacturing, a love of materials, a knack for understanding people, and a never ending desire to learn.
If you have the following skills and experience, we welcome you to apply:
- Tertiary qualification in Industrial Design, Interior Architecture or Architecture, with a minimum of 4 years relevant experience in product development
- Knowledge of fabrication techniques using a variety of materials including metal, stone, glass & plastics
- Advanced level of competency with the following software: SolidWorks, SketchUp, Adobe Creative Suite, and versatility in both Mac and Windows environments
- High level organisational skills, an ability to work to timelines, follow operational procedures, lives and breathes details and documentation, lateral thinking and multitasking
- Competency in product costing, budget management, project management, conceptual development, sketching, model making, renders, collages, detailed technical drawings to exacting standards, ability to read and interpret architectural drawings
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as part of a team, with a positive attitude, great work ethic and interest in growth
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with demonstrated ability to communicate with a diverse range of people such as private clients, architects and trades people
- Excellent graphic sensibility and aesthetic understanding
In essence, we are looking for an individual who lives and breathes design, who is able to laterally apply design thinking to all aspects of the role.
Applications close on January 6th 2019
Apply via email to [email protected] including:
A mood board reflecting your understanding of our aesthetic