We are seeking an Industrial Designer to complement our existing team.
The Industrial Designer is a collaborative role that involves the research, design and development of new products, custom and commissioned projects, as well as the refinement of the existing product range.
We look for a solutions focused individual with a natural eye for the development of beautiful form, a deep interest in manufacturing, a knack for understanding people and a never ending desire to learn.
If you have the following skills and experience, we welcome you to apply:
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Industrial Design and a minimum of 4 years work experience in product development
- Knowledge of fabrication techniques using a variety of materials ( metal, stone, glass & plastics)
- Advanced level of competency in the use of the following software: SolidWorks, SketchUp, Adobe Suite
- Competency with product costing and working to budgetary constraints
- Ability to produce technical drawings to exacting standards as well as the ability to read and interpret architectural drawings
- High level organisational skills with the ability to work to timelines, follow operational procedures and document findings
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and also as part of a team with a positive attitude, great work ethic and interest in growth
- Well developed oral and written communication skills and the ability to communicate with a diverse range of people such as private clients, architects and trades people
In essence, we are looking for an individual who lives and breathes design, who is able to laterally apply design thinking to all aspects of the role.
To apply, email your CV with a cover letter to [email protected]